My Blog Adventure!

Welcome to my blog! It's high time this 48-year-old ventures into blog world and joins the ranks of you intriguing bloggers. First off, you should know I love the Lord Jesus Christ with all my heart. I love His Creation, His Word, His forgiveness, His mercy, and His being the Savior of my life. He is my reason for living! After the Lord, my next love in life is my outdoor-lovin', prankster pullin', hard workin' man I've called my husband for 24 years and counting. My 3 sons - to whom this blog is dedicated - have the next piece of my heart, and they fill my world with laughter, love, and laundry. I am calling this MY BLOG ADVENTURE... so hop into blog world with me... let's get to encouraging one another... this could be fun!

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Welcome to the Olympics

Welcome to the Olympics!

Ancient Greece was the living book Emmett read for Creation to Christ this week, so of course his History Project included bringing to life the most popular Olympic events.  Naturally, all of our sons insisted on joining in the fun!  Events competed in were the...

  • shot-put (launching a cotton ball across our living room)
  • broad jump (jumping as far as possible from a given starting point)
  • discus throw (tossing a paper plate to send it hurtling into the air)
  • javelin toss (throwing a straw torpedoing through the room)
  • long jump (taking a running start to jump as far as possible)
Put on Your Game Face!

In preparation for the Olympics, Emmett created a chart with 3 trials for each event.  Using a tape measure to determine each distance in inches, he recorded the data for each trial in his chart.  The results?  Competition was fierce, but laughter could often be heard even during the most heated of battles!  Each son showed prowess in different events, and though age was often a benefit it did not always ensure victory.  Favorite events were the long jump, the broad jump, and the discus throw.  Given the chance, I do believe each of them would gladly compete in the Olympics again tomorrow.  However, a new history project will surely offer another opportunity for fun!  


'Fun Mama' Makes a Rare Appearance!
As always, Heart of Dakota's hands-on projects leave my sons with the impression that this homeschool mama is loads of fun.  The rest of you homeschool moms know the truth; I'm just a mom doing what's in the guide. But for now, I'm basking in the moment of being 'fun mama'.  No need to point out the obvious... that Carrie Austin actually transformed this ordinary mama into a witty, merry, creative mama with a swoosh of her magic writing wand.  I'll be back to working, cleaning, cooking, boring, Cinderella mama tomorrow, but for this Olympic moment, I was at the ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment