My Blog Adventure!

Welcome to my blog! It's high time this 48-year-old ventures into blog world and joins the ranks of you intriguing bloggers. First off, you should know I love the Lord Jesus Christ with all my heart. I love His Creation, His Word, His forgiveness, His mercy, and His being the Savior of my life. He is my reason for living! After the Lord, my next love in life is my outdoor-lovin', prankster pullin', hard workin' man I've called my husband for 24 years and counting. My 3 sons - to whom this blog is dedicated - have the next piece of my heart, and they fill my world with laughter, love, and laundry. I am calling this MY BLOG ADVENTURE... so hop into blog world with me... let's get to encouraging one another... this could be fun!

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Heart of Dakota Week-in-Review Dec. 25-29, 2017

Heart of Dakota Week-in-Review
Dec. 25-29, 2017

 In Creation to Christ, Emmett is finishing Unit 16 and is learning about Judah falling to the Babylonians.  We are reading Esther from the Bible for Storytime - I love that the Bible is our Storytime reading this week!  What a neat way to show the Bible IS history!  In math he has been learning about ratios.  In poetry, he painted a lovely wintry scene - pretty perfect for our current weather!

In World Geography, Riley has been reading about Zheng He's Treasure Ships, Tibetan Buddhism, and Borobudur's Temple.  He wrote a written narration about Tibet, and I really enjoyed hearing him read it aloud to me.  In World Religions and Cultures, Riley has been learning about Buddhism.  He explained the 4 different kinds of Buddhism in his journal, using World Religions: An Indispensable Introduction as his resource.
In EIW Grade 10, Riley completed his essay about sports announcer Craig Saiger.  He enjoyed writing this essay, and the prewriting activities he did helped him make a solid structure for his essay prior to even beginning it.  I've learned it's important to meet with him and start him off on the right foot at the prewriting stage.  This saves much editing and redirecting later in the writing process, as he has a good structure for his essay to follow. 





In USII, Wyatt has been learning about the Bataan Death March, the Japanese-American Internment, and the Battle of the Midway.  For his talking points narration, he took notes on an index card, listing the main headings from his reading.  He then listed brief phrases under each heading and referred to his card as he gave his oral narration.  This is a very effective way to plan for an oral narration of this kind.  It is also a great way to practice another version of giving a 'speech' somewhat. 


Wyatt has also been moving along in his Latin (pictured above and right).  He is truly enjoying The Myth of the Robber Barons, for Economics.  Here are my 3 sons with their Christmas stockings!  What a wonderful Christmas we had!!! Hope you did too! 




No comments:

Post a Comment