My Blog Adventure!

Welcome to my blog! It's high time this 48-year-old ventures into blog world and joins the ranks of you intriguing bloggers. First off, you should know I love the Lord Jesus Christ with all my heart. I love His Creation, His Word, His forgiveness, His mercy, and His being the Savior of my life. He is my reason for living! After the Lord, my next love in life is my outdoor-lovin', prankster pullin', hard workin' man I've called my husband for 24 years and counting. My 3 sons - to whom this blog is dedicated - have the next piece of my heart, and they fill my world with laughter, love, and laundry. I am calling this MY BLOG ADVENTURE... so hop into blog world with me... let's get to encouraging one another... this could be fun!

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Truffles Made Easy!


These Christmas Tuffles are lovely and easy to make!  Here are a few tips to make this recipe extra easy...


Here is the station I set up. You can put the balls in the fridge in a cake pan to solidify them a bit.   Next, you can melt the chocolate in a fondue pot and use the fondue skewers to dip the balls in the chocolate.  Then, just make holes through an empty cardboard box (I used a Wheat Thins box), and prop the box on a bowl.  This make it easy to put sprinkles on the tops before they harden... 
pictured below...



Give them 30 seconds or so, and you can move them to a paper cup lined mini-muffin pan...
 pictured below...

The liners make it easy to move to Christmas platters for serving or Christmas tins for gifts!  I had some with crushed peppermint sticks on top, some with red and green sugar on top, some with Christmas sprinkles, some with white chocolate and some with dark.  Such fun!

  • Here is a link to the All Recipes site, which has a ton of great pictures of different ways to dress these truffles up!
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-oreo-truffles/kitchenview.aspx

Here is the recipe...
  • Ingredients:
  • 1 (16 ounce) package OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, divided
  • 1 (8 ounce) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
  • 2 (8 ounce) packages BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, melted
Directions
1.
Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
2.
Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
3.
Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.

1 comment: