My Blog Adventure!

Welcome to my blog! It's high time this 48-year-old ventures into blog world and joins the ranks of you intriguing bloggers. First off, you should know I love the Lord Jesus Christ with all my heart. I love His Creation, His Word, His forgiveness, His mercy, and His being the Savior of my life. He is my reason for living! After the Lord, my next love in life is my outdoor-lovin', prankster pullin', hard workin' man I've called my husband for 24 years and counting. My 3 sons - to whom this blog is dedicated - have the next piece of my heart, and they fill my world with laughter, love, and laundry. I am calling this MY BLOG ADVENTURE... so hop into blog world with me... let's get to encouraging one another... this could be fun!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Teaching Tip: Sticky Notes Make Editing Easy

I remember first reading about Charlotte Mason and loving her ideas - but then floundering as to how to really go about using them.  Heart of Dakota (HOD) just took that worry away.  The guidance given in the daily plans is general enough to keep Charlotte Mason's ideals of written narrations intact, but specific enough so I know how to help my dc grow in this skill from year to year.  We've used HOD's editing tips and seen a ton of growth in my ds's writing.  I like having him write his narrations in the history Student Notebooking pages HOD makes.  They are beautiful for one, but they also show his growth over time.  I've found an easy way to help my ds with his final editing of his narrations.  After he has edited his written narration as much as possible, I just take a sticky note and jot down any misspelled words or missing punctuation marks in the order they occur.  He then finds them in his writing, and fixes them.  This has been a quick way to edit that preserves the look of his piece.  He really likes it and is motivated to have as few things as possible to fix.  Here's a picture of this:

No comments:

Post a Comment