My Blog Adventure!

Welcome to my blog! It's high time this 48-year-old ventures into blog world and joins the ranks of you intriguing bloggers. First off, you should know I love the Lord Jesus Christ with all my heart. I love His Creation, His Word, His forgiveness, His mercy, and His being the Savior of my life. He is my reason for living! After the Lord, my next love in life is my outdoor-lovin', prankster pullin', hard workin' man I've called my husband for 24 years and counting. My 3 sons - to whom this blog is dedicated - have the next piece of my heart, and they fill my world with laughter, love, and laundry. I am calling this MY BLOG ADVENTURE... so hop into blog world with me... let's get to encouraging one another... this could be fun!

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Ruby's Journey to Noble... Through Proverbs Ch. 1:1-9

I've been working on an allegorical book for the past 4 years.  It is a book about Ruby's journey to Noble, and how her life story unfolds to parallel the book of Proverbs.  I have loved writing this.  My heart is in it, but I do not have the end written.  I am giving myself a deadline of sorts by sharing a chapter of it each week here on my blog.  It will move through Proverbs a little at a time. I'll suggest music to listen to along the way, and who knows maybe a few questions?  We'll see.  Mainly, I hope you can see yourself in Ruby, as I see myself in her, and I hope her journey gives insight and inspiration to you in yours as she has in mine and continues to do so.  Here goes...

Ruby’s Journey Through Proverbs to Noble

Proverbs 1:1-9

     Ruby was but a young slip of a girl when she began her journey to the city of Noble.  Clad in a simple white dress, she had but few possessions to take on her journey.  Other than a garland of lilies encircling her head and a golden cross locket adorning her neck, Ruby had only one more gift to take.  Nestled in a small box and clasped tightly in her hands, the gift was no larger than her fist and felt as light as a feather in her grasp.  It was a parting gift from her parents, and the contents of the box were a complete mystery to her.

     “It’s a family heirloom, Ruby, passed down from generation to generation, from mother to daughter for many years,” said her mother kindly.  “No daughter should begin her journey to Noble without it.”  Ruby’s fingers fairly flew over the box, turning it this way and that, searching in vain for a way to open it.  Her mother watched her carefully, but as Ruby searched and searched, no opening to the box could be found.  It was tightly sealed and would not open no matter how she pried.

     “It is as I thought.  It cannot be opened yet,” her mother said thoughtfully.  Ruby’s face clouded with disappointment and confusion, but those thoughts soon raced away as her newly betrothed husband crossed over the hill. 


    “Let us make haste, Ruby,” her husband said excitedly.  “We have a long trip ahead of us, and we best be going while the sun is still shining bright.  Come, come!” he cried, “It is time to start our life together!”  Ruby smiled brightly and giving her parents a hurried hug, she clasped her husband’s hand and began the journey to Noble. 


No comments:

Post a Comment